Be Prepared, Know the Cause
It’s not enough to know just that your drains are clogged. No, at Roy’s Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling, we think it’s important for you to understand the reasons why they do.
There are a number of different things that can stop up your line, so in order for you to be adequately prepared, you need to know what they are.
Most Common Causes of Drain Clogs
- Lack of maintenance: Don’t worry – it’s nothing you did. The municipal government could be at fault for your clog by not maintaining their sewer lines.
- Unauthorized items being flushed down the toilet: Whether it’s feminine hygiene products, toys, or other objects, those things can easily get stuck in the toilet drain and cause a backup.
- Sagging sewer lines: This will cause your drains to run very slowly.
- Broken line: You’ll know if this is the issue you are having if you see a pile of debris in one location. This debris will continue to build up until the problem is addressed.
- Outdoor elements stuck in the drain line: These elements include mud, clay, grass, leaves, and other items. If they get washed into the drain line, they can clog it right up.
- Tree roots: These suckers enter your pipes through the smallest of breaches and will only continue to grow. They will clog your main line, but could also damage it. Roy’s will come in with a high-pressure water jet to completely clear this problem away.
- Inappropriate items down the garbage disposal: Your disposal is not indestructible, and some food will cause it to jam, clog, or break. Try not to throw grease, stringy or starchy vegetables, or potato peels into the drain.
- Grease: As mentioned above, grease is harmful to your kitchen drain. It’s actually one of the worst culprits of clogged drains that are plumbing experts see, so try to avoid throwing greasy, fatty foods into the disposal.
- Collapsed sewer lines: This typically results in multiple fixtures backing up in your home, and is usually an extensive repair process.
- Incorrectly installed piping: More than likely you didn’t know this was a problem upon purchasing your home, so it’ s unfortunate you have to deal with the consequences of it. But, next time around, hire the drain cleaning and installation experts here at Roy’s who will properly install your piping.
If you are experiencing a drain clog, don’t wait a second more – call Roy’s Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling today!