The weather is getting warmer, and the snow has finally (almost) melted away! That means it’s spring time in Buffalo — time for homeowners to start investing in some spring cleaning. As you’re mopping and sweeping and letting the sunlight in, don’t forget to give some attention to the hidden pieces of your home you ought to be most focused on: that is, your underground sewer pipes and drains.
Every Buffalo home is equipped with a complicated drainage system that allows homeowners to function cleanly and efficiently in their daily lives without having to worry about waste and diseases entering your home.
When all is working properly, your home can stay healthy as your plumbing flows freely.
However, when leaks and obstructions effect the performance of your drains, they also effect the cleanliness of your home. You may start to notice:
- Dirty Standing Water in Your Sinks and Tubs
- Sewer Odors in the Kitchen or Bathroom
- Problems with Toilets, Sinks, Showers, and Washing Machines
- Main Line Backflow
- Frequent Drain Back-Ups During Operation
Don’t just live with mediocre drain performance this spring. Make drain cleaning a part of your spring cleaning routine! The experts at Roy’s can help you have a healthier and happier home with comprehensive, state-of-the-art drain solutions at affordable, upfront costs.
Call for drain cleaning today!
Why Do Drains Back-Up In Spring?
This time of year tends to be hard on residential sewer lines. There are a number of reasons that spring happens to coincide with messy drain issues, but here are the 3 most common:
- Snow Melt– As snow melts, all of that dirty water has to go somewhere. It can overwhelm area drains and create debris and dirt build up the results in total blockages. Another issue to be aware of with snow melt is basement flooding – is your sump pump ready to handle all of that water? Call Roy’s for sump pump services today.
- Tree Roots– Over the winter, tree roots extend in search of fresh moisture and nutrients. They find it in places like your sewer lines, and if they’re allowed to spread and become tangled, they cause blockages and even disjointing. The main problem with having tree roots in your drain lines is that common measures like drain snaking and rootering won’t have any effect – the only way to really clear away tree roots is using high water pressure jetting. Go to our site to learn more about hydrojetting, or call Roy’s to ask about the procedure today!
- Frozen Pipes– The frozen substances in your pipes have thawed out now, meaning they’re back to causing the same problems they once were.
This spring, make drain cleaning in Buffalo simple and affordable. Just call Roy’s for expert drain cleaning services today!