It doesn’t take long for a small leak to turn into an expensive problem. Even pin-hole sized leaks have the potential to expel mass amounts of water, and you’ll be left responsible for both the water damage and an extremely high water bill. The key to avoiding pipe leaks in Buffalo is understanding what causes them. Most pipe damage can be avoided with proper insight and maintenance. As a top-rated plumbing company in Buffalo, NY, Roy’s Plumbing is capable of handling all kinds of plumbing problems including leaking pipes. They’re here to share their knowledge on the top five causes for pipe leaks in Buffalo.
- Corrosion: There are several different kinds of corrosion including rust and deterioration caused by harmful chemicals, but once your pipes start to corrode, there is no going back. As corrosion worsens, it will affect your water quality and will eventually cause your pipes to crack and leak.
- Too Much Pressure: Your pipes are designed to withstand a certain amount of water pressure, but if that pressure gets to be too much, your pipes could crack or even burst. High pressure is usually caused by clogs, and it’s important to keep your pipes clean and clear.
- Loose Joints: Your plumbing system is made up of a network of pipes that are connected by joints. If those joints become loose, they leak. Leaking pipe joints are some of the worst kinds of leaks, because they are often hidden behind walls or within your home’s foundation. It may take weeks for you to notice that you have a problem, and by that time, you could be dealing with serious water damage.
- Faucets: Most faucets get used several times a day, and that kind of heavy use always leads to general wear and tear issues. The moving parts of faucets often become loose and worn, and this can cause them to leak. Thankfully, a leaking faucet is easy to diagnose and fix.
- Water-Using Appliances: Major water-using appliances like your dishwasher, washing machine, and refrigerator may also be to blame for your leaking pipes. Appliances have many moving parts and proper function depends on a number of things coming together and working correctly. Improper seals, loose connections, and corroding fixtures are all issues that can lead to pipe leaks in Buffalo.
Many homeowners don’t realize how much they rely on their plumbing until there’s an issue. You can avoid plumbing problems by taking proper care of your pipes. If you suspect that you’re dealing with pipe leaks in Buffalo, NY you can count on the qualified plumbers at Roy’s Plumbing to provide you with the repair service you need. Call them today to learn more about their expert services.