It’s never too early to start thinking about your furnace. Even though it’s still summer, and temperatures are still high, it’s the perfect time to schedule your tune-up or new installation. After a Roy’s service tech fully examines your heating system, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be prepared and taken care of when the cold weather arrives.
Benefit of a Furnace-Tune-Up
If you want your furnace to have a long life and work safely and efficiently, routine maintenance is important. Over time and during periods of extended use, your heating system suffers a lot of wear and tear. Routine maintenance not only prepares you for the cooler months, it prevents costly repairs down the road. Here are some other ways a furnace tune-up from Roy’s can benefit you:
- Safety. When your heating system is running properly, the risk of a fire or a gas or carbon monoxide leak reduces drastically. A furnace combusts fuel to produce heat, and if it’s malfunctioning, that could lead to gas and carbon monoxide leaks. A furnace without proper ventilation can start a fire if there are flammable materials nearby. Servicing your furnace on a regular basis will help protect against these hazardous situations.
- Improved indoor air quality. Did you know that you should change out your air filter every few months? This is especially important in times of prolonged use. A dirty or clogged filter can harm the air quality in your home, causing allergy and asthma symptoms to worsen.
- Savings. The more efficient your furnace is, the less energy it will require to function. This will save you money on your utilities. Heating bills are already high enough as it is – why would you want to spend even more on a damaged or un-maintained machine?
- Longer lifespan. Your furnace is complicated with a lot of components that need routine cleaning and tune ups. Most repairs can be prevented with regular care, which involves cleaning the air filter, keeping it properly ventilated, and tuning up parts when necessary. The better the shape you keep it in, the longer it will keep you warm!
- You’re prepared for a New York winter. The colder months can be harsh in Western New York! Heavy snowfalls and ice can weigh down your roof and cause a leak. The frigid temperatures outside put your plumbing at risk of freezing. It can also be unbearably cold outside, and a busted furnace makes for a very miserable winter. Routinely servicing your furnace ensures it’s prepared to keep you and your loved ones warm all season long.
What’s Included in a Roy’s Tune-Up?
A Roy’s tune-up leaves no nook or cranny of your furnace unchecked! We provide the following services:
- Adjust fan control for accurate temperature rise and airflow
- Calibrate thermostat
- Lubricate moving parts
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Inspect belts for cracks and wear
- Test manifold gas pressure and combustion air openings (if necessary)
- Inspect burner operation, clean if necessary
- Check high limit and other safety controls
- Check thermocouple and replace if necessary
- Check gas line for leaks from furnace shut off valves to the burners
- Clean and adjust pilot, as necessary
- Inspect flue for obstructions
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Replace standard air filters
- Adjust and clean blower components
Prepare Your Furnace for the Winter Ahead
Furnace maintenance spares you the grief of costly repairs, dust, dirty air, and safety hazards. Keeping your furnace functional and damage-free is easy with enough cleaning and the occasional tune up.
If you suspect your furnace may be malfunctioning, it’s important to call Roy’s right away. Repairs and tune ups should always be left to the professional. Our highly trained and certified technicians have the right tools and training to service your furnace. Here are a few of our recent furnace installations:
Don’t put your comfort and safety on the back burner – call Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling today to schedule your fall furnace tune-up!