Has your water heater been struggling lately? If so, it maybe time for a replacement. The average lifespan of a water heater is 8 – 12 years with proper maintenance. Your equipment may have served you well for several years, but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. In your search for a replacement, there are a few things to consider before making a purchase. Here are features to look for in your new water heater.
Features to Look For
With all the different options that are available today, it’s important that you know your options when it comes to features and efficiency. Here are some of the most important parts that you need in your replacement model:
- Clear displays. Most modern displays are digital, as it makes things easier for the user to regulate settings and readings.
- Glass lining. Tanks that are glass lined suffer less wear and tear over the years. This can help you get the most out of your hot water heater.
- Drain valves. Drain valves are most commonly made of plastic or brass. The more durable material of the two is brass, so you may want to look for a water heater that has it.
- Storage capacity. With all the different types available to you, you need to make sure that you choose the right size storage capacity. Consider how many people you live with – showers, food prep, shaving, washing your hands, and any other time you may need hot water. The higher the need, the larger storage tank you should have.
- Anti-scale. Your hot water tanks are susceptible to mineral scale and buildup over time, but anti-scale protection will help to prevent it.
- Warranty. Be sure to get the best warranty possible – you’ll be thankful later on if your water heater breaks or needs repair!
How Roy’s Can Help You Choose
Here at Roy’s, we have the knowledge and experience to make sure that you get the best water heater to meet the needs of your home. Once you call us and schedule a water heater replacement, you can expect:
- We’ll determine the size of your new water heater
- We’ll find a compatible price and model – there won’t be any hidden fees from us!
- Water heaters range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand. We’ll help you find the one that will fit best in your home, as well as your budget
- We offer a range of models – tankless, gas, electric, direct vent, storage tanks, and hybrids. We’ve got you covered!
If it’s time to replace your existing water heater, call Roy’s today!