Is it time for you to replace your water heater? Then you might be considering whether to choose a conventional storage tank water heater or a tankless water heater. If you’ve always had a conventional model, then you might be reluctant to make the switch to an on-demand model — but as you’ll learn from this article, there are several good reasons to do so.
Reasons to Invest in a Tankless Water Heater
- You’ll have an endless supply of hot water. If you’ve ever planned on taking a long, hot bath after work only to find out that all the hot water has been used up, then you know how frustrating a storage tank water heater can be. Conventional models store hot water in a tank — but when that water runs out, you have to wait until the tank is full and all the water is heated before you’ll have hot water again. With a tankless water heater, the water is run over a heating element as soon as hot water is demanded at the point of use. That means you’ll never have to wait for hot water again — and the water won’t turn cold in the middle of a shower, either.
- The appliance has a longer lifespan. A storage tank water heater has an approximate lifespan of between 12 and 15 years. A tankless model, however, has a lifespan of around 20 years, so your investment lasts much longer.
- An on-demand water heater requires less maintenance. A storage tank water heater requires considerable maintenance. In addition to scheduling annual tune-ups, you need to regularly perform maintenance yourself. Part of this maintenance involves flushing out the tank, which can be a lengthy job. A tankless water heater still requires maintenance, but far less. You might have to clean it once or twice a year yourself, but the main thing is to schedule annual maintenance by a professional plumber who can keep the appliance clean and in good working order.
- There’s no risk of water damage. It’s also important to note that with a tankless water heater, you don’t run the same risk of water damage as with a storage tank model. If a storage tank model leaks, it needs to be replaced, which is a significant cost. Plus, the resulting water damage can lead to thousands of dollars of repairs to your home.
- A tankless model is more energy-efficient. Because a tankless water heater doesn’t have to keep a full tank water heated, it consumes far less energy than a tankless model. That means you’ll reduce your carbon footprint.
- Your energy bills will go down. Since a tankless water heater consumes less energy than a conventional one, you’ll notice that your energy bills will be lower at the end of each month.
Call Roy’s for Your Tankless Hot Water Heater
Don’t wait for your current water heater to fail or for your utility bills to raise ever higher. Family-owned and operated since 1974, we’ve built our reputation on four decades of superior customer care and expert service. With quality, reliability, and efficiency always in mind, Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is committed to providing outstanding service and quality work.
Call Roy’s today to make the switch to tankless!