There’s a lot of uncertainty in the world right now. “Is it safe to go outside, how can I protect myself and my family from the Coronavirus, what businesses are and are not open?” – these are the questions Americans are asking themselves every day. The good news is that even in these uncertain times, Roy’s is still open for business. We want you to rest assured that we are doing everything we can to protect our customers and our technicians during the course of this pandemic, while still providing the same great service that you deserve.
New Safety Measures
Based on the recommendations of the CDC, Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has implemented new guidelines to ensure you remain completely safe throughout our service process. We are still available 24/7 to provide expert HVAC and plumbing solutions, however, we are also taking the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously, and doing our part to help stop the spread of the virus and flatten the curve. As a company that truly cares about our community, you can count on us to be there for all your essential home service needs without sacrificing the health and well-being of local residents or our employees.
During the course of this pandemic, all of our technicians have been instructed to:
- Limit Contact: Roy’s has implemented a “No Contact” service call procedure for every homeowner in the area, allowing us to provide the work you need without the usual close contact you would get from our friendly professionals. Additionally, our technicians will have no direct interaction with anyone exhibiting signs of illness. For the sake of making sure this disease is not spread by our employees or by the other customers we serve, it is extremely important that homeowners who are feeling sick practice self-isolation and quarantine themselves appropriately.
- Wear Gloves & Masks: Roy’s is always committed to making sure our team wears the correct protective gear. However, during the threat of the Coronavirus, we are going above and beyond to make sure every one of our technicians wears gloves and masks during the duration of service visits—no matter what kind of service they are performing.
- Routinely Apply Sanitizer: The Roy’s team has been instructed to wash their hands even more than usual to do their part in flattening the curve. However, our techs are also walking around with hand sanitizer, so they can get the extra protection they need from germs and viruses.
- Wipe Surfaces & Tools: The Roy’s team will wipe down all surfaces in our work vehicles and tools after each visit. You can count on us to thoroughly disinfect and sanitize everything we come in contact with between service calls.
- Limit Gatherings at Our Warehouses & Office: Currently, 90% of our office is working remotely. In addition to practicing safe social distancing on service calls, Roy’s is dedicated to limiting gatherings around our office and warehouses, too.
- Stay home if They Have Any Illness Symptoms: We are erring on the side of caution by keeping technicians home who seem even remotely sick. Just as we want to make sure our employees are not exposed to sick customers, we would never send a sick technician out to serve you and your family.
Roy’s Will Always Be Here for You
When you need plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or indoor air quality service that just can’t wait, you can still count on Roy’s. Thank you for your support during this difficult period, and for helping us navigate these uncharted waters. If we all do our part, we will come through this stronger than ever.