Buffalo Pipe Repair Services
Expert Plumbing in Western New York Since 1974
Pipes and valves comprise a home’s plumbing system, and while pipes are normally quite reliable, when they freeze and burst, it can obviously lead to a massive problem. Likewise, while the valves that stop the flow of water are also fairly reliable, they need to be properly maintained to ensure they continue to function. At Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we have provided pipe and valve repair services in Buffalo and Western New York for over 40 years. Whether you need an emergency pipe repair or routine valve maintenance, you can bet that Roy’s technicians have the experience and expertise to handle it all.
Obviously, a burst pipe is a huge emergency that requires fast and decisive action. An incredible amount of water can quickly escape in a relatively short time, causing electrical and structural damage that can be both hazardous and costly. Roy’s technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take care of any pipe repair emergency you may experience. And, because our trucks are fully stocked with equipment, you can rest assured we have everything we need to fix your problem as quickly as possible.
Burst Pipe Emergency Plan
If you experience a burst pipe, there are some steps that you can take to keep damage to a minimum:
- Determine the source of the water supply to the leaking pipe and immediately shut it off. If you are unable to locate that particular supply, find your home’s main water supply and shut it off.
- Turn off your water heater.
- Turn on the hot water taps to help drain the system.
- Shut off your power if the leaking pipe is near any electrical appliances to eliminate the chance of electrocution.
- If you can find the hole from where water is escaping, seal it with some gap-less tape and apply pressure by attaching a piece of rubber.
- Call Roy’s immediately so we can dispatch someone to your home as fast as possible.
Reducing the Risk of a Pipe Emergency
There are also some things you can do to help reduce the chances of a pipe bursting:
- Open your loft trap door to introduce heat when the weather is cold.
- Insulate your water supply pipes.
- Shut your water off and drain all the water from your pipes if you are leaving your home for more than a week.
- Find your main shutoff valve and label it in case you need to act quickly.
Valve Repair Service in Buffalo
Plumbing valves are located throughout your water system. You can find them under your sinks, near your water heater, dishwasher and clothes washer, and behind your toilets. On your main water line, there is a valve that allows you to shut off your home’s water supply.
Different valves are built in different ways and used for various functions. Like anything else mechanical, however, valves can fail due to the corrosive nature of water. Roy’s can repair and replace all types of valves or add valves to your home as necessary.
Call Roy’s for All Your Service & Repair Needs
Our technicians always arrive on time and perform all work up to code with top-grade material, assuring your family's and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up.
Pipe repair is not something that can wait. If you have experienced a pipe rupture or suspect your home’s piping may be malfunctioning, don’t hesitate any longer—just call Roy’s!
Our emergency helpline is open 24/7/365, so schedule your Buffalo pipe repair appointment by calling us today at (716) 215-2678!
Emergency Services Available 24/7 for You
Only the Best & Trusted Techs in Your Home
Focused on Your Satisfaction with Excellent Service
We Stand by Our Work 100%—No Cutting Corners
Involved in Giving Back to Our Community
In-House Continuous Training for Our Techs