Buffalo Tankless Water Heater Services
Efficient, Effective Solutions in Western New York
When it comes to water heaters, tankless options are an excellent choice for those wanting to make the most of their space and money. Unlike conventional water heating units, tankless water heaters don’t have those big, space-consuming tanks that are constantly threatening to spring a leak. This doesn’t mean that they are maintenance-free, but these systems do tend to last much longer than a traditional unit with proper maintenance services. Further, because these systems only heat the water you need, they are far more energy-efficient—not to mention you have all the hot water you want!
Call our Buffalo tankless water heater experts at (716) 215-2678 today to find out if going tankless may be right for your home. Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is always here to help!
Is It Time to Replace Your System?
There are several main indicators that you may benefit from a new tankless water heater, such as:
- Age: Tankless systems often remain in good condition for 20 years, so if yours is hitting that milestone or getting close, it may be time to think about replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient system.
- Lack of hot water: By definition, these systems do not have bulky tanks where the water gets heated. Instead, water passes over a specialized heating element and is heated on-demand before it reaches the faucet. This means there’s no hot water storage. But, if you notice that the water temperature you desire is subpar at best, it’s probably a good idea to upgrade the unit to a newer model.
- Increases in operating costs: Tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient than traditional tank-based heaters because they don’t heat water 24/7. But, if you happen to notice that it takes longer to heat your water, its efficiency may be going down. Replacing your unit would change that significantly.
Benefits of Upgrading to a Tankless Water Heater
A major issue homes in Buffalo and across the entire Northeast is the fact that a lot of people live in old houses that need to update their water heating equipment since the metal pipes and storage tanks of their traditional heaters are starting to fail. Conventional water heaters, widely used for generations, aren’t up to the energy-efficiency standards of the modern-day; in fact, a new federal law went into effect in 2015 that rose the legal industry standard significantly on the manufacturers level. People who live in old homes in Buffalo with conventional, tank-type water heating need to make sure their systems are running properly because installing the new equipment is going to be significantly trickier. They might even need to re-think their entire water heating system as it is.
That’s why our technicians are licensed and trained to install and maintain tankless water heaters. These units come with a number of advantages including energy savings, a more compact design, and a nearly endless supply of hot water when installed correctly. We recommend that homeowners consider them as an alternative since many households can significantly benefit from their more advanced structure and efficiency.
While conventional water heaters aren't necessarily the worst option, tankless water heaters address several design flaws present in these older units:
- Shorter Lifespan: Conventional models generally need to be replaced between 6 and 10 years. A tankless will last 20 years if properly maintained and will be under warranty for at least 15, so you could own 3 tank-type heaters in the life-time of your single tankless replacement.
- Energy Inefficiency: The typical conventional water heaters are only effective at heating your water with 60 cents of your utility bill dollar; with tankless, the energy efficiency rate is 98%. Additionally, your conventional water heater is heating the stored water 24/7, so even when you aren’t using them, you are paying for the wasted heat. Tankless units only heat water when the tap is in use.
- Limited Hot Water: Have you ever had the hot water run out mid-shower? Cold showers happen because conventional water heaters store about 40 to 50 gallons of water in a clunky tank, and when that heated water is used up, the tank needs time to refill. With tankless, you get an on-demand stream, available whenever you need it.
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Most manufacturers recommend that tankless water heaters be professionally inspected every six months to two years, depending on the model and frequency of use. If you’re looking for a good rule of thumb, it’s safe to say that in most cases, maintenance should occur annually. The number-one maintenance item to pay attention to in your water heater’s service regimen is a process called “flushing.” Flushing your tankless water heater removes sediment buildup and helps to eliminate problems associated with rust and corrosion. Without any buildup or corrosion, everything can flow freely and constantly, giving you a steady supply of clean, fresh water.
Expert Tankless Water Heater Repair Services
It should come as no surprise that the average hot water heater of any variety is going to see a great deal of daily use. Even with the best-quality products and routine maintenance, repairs are going to be inevitable after normal wear and tear. If you notice any issues with your system, we encourage you to turn to Roy’s. Our skilled tankless water heater experts in Buffalo can quickly identify problems and find lasting solutions.
Schedule an appointment by contacting our office today. We offer free estimates for installation services!
$350 Off New High Efficiency Furnace Upgrade Restrictions Apply. Not to be combined with any other offer or promotion. Can only be used one time per customer. Excludes other promotions.Valid from Jan 11, 2019 - Jul 31, 2020
10% Off Any Plumbing Job Over $500 Not to be combined with any other offer or promotion, must be presented at time of purchase, may not be used for any other brand. Restrictions apply.Valid from Jan 11, 2019 - Jul 31, 2020
10% Off Complete Bathroom Remodel Not to be combined with any other offer or promotion, must be presented at time of purchase, may not be used for any other brand. Restrictions apply.Valid from Jan 11, 2019 - Jul 31, 2020
$300 Off A Navien Tankless Installation Restrictions Apply. Not to be combined with any other offer or promotion. Can only be used one time only per customer. Excludes other promotions.Valid from Jan 11, 2019 - Jul 31, 2020
Emergency Services Available 24/7 for You
Only the Best & Trusted Techs in Your Home
Focused on Your Satisfaction with Excellent Service
We Stand by Our Work 100%—No Cutting Corners
Involved in Giving Back to Our Community
In-House Continuous Training for Our Techs