Water Heaters Services in Buffalo
Top-Notch Equipment & Service for Customers throughout Western New York
We depend on our water heaters for showers, laundry, and a host of other daily chores. Recent advances in technology have resulted in better energy-efficiency and longer equipment life. Roy's Plumbing, Heating & Cooling installs, repairs, and provides maintenance services for all brands of hot water heaters. We offer same-day service to get your hot water heater running again today.
Water Heater Services
At Roy’s, we offer quality repairs and new installation of all types of water heaters. When a water heater stops working, the problem is typically with the thermostat, the storage tank, the heating element, or another component. Our licensed plumbers work quickly and thoroughly to repair your water heater. When it is time for replacement, we determine the right size and provide the information you need to choose a unit that has sufficient capacity to accommodate your needs.
We install and repair all types of water heaters, including:
- Tankless water heaters
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Direct vent water heaters
- Storage tanks
Several factors influence the efficiency and cost of a new water heater. One thing to consider is the energy-efficiency rating of various water heaters. A higher rating indicates better energy-efficiency and a lower operating cost. The quality of the water heater and the installation will influence the price of your new hot water heater. Improper installation can lead to accidents, injuries, and equipment failure, so it is important to hire a licensed and insured professional plumber to handle the job.
Electric vs. Gas Water Heaters
Like almost everything in life, there’s a good and bad side to both gas and electric water heaters. But, for example, just like the down side of lemons to some people is that they are sour, to others, that’s an upside. It depends on perspective, and what you as an individual feel are the conveniences you and your family need most.
We aren’t here to sway you in one direction or the other – we install both gas and electric water heaters – but we want to educate you on the advantages and disadvantages of both so you can make the choice that best fits you.
Pros of Electric Water Heaters
- They can be installed almost anywhere.
- They are easier to handle than gas water heaters.
- There is no combustion of fuel so there is no emission of carbon monoxide and no need for ventilation.
- The energy source required to heat the water is less expensive.
- The average life expectancy of an electric water heater is more than that of a gas one.
- The heating speed is faster than gas water heaters.
Cons of Electric Water Heaters
- You need to have electricity in order for this type of water heater to operate.
- The purchasing cost of electric water heaters is more than gas.
- There is a potential danger for a short circuit or fuse blow-off.
- Electric water heater operating cost is more expensive than gas.
Pros of Gas Water Heaters
- No electricity is required to run this type of water heater.
- It’s convenient for a large family.
- Natural gas prices are not expected to rise in the foreseeable future.
- Gas water heaters are easier to repair than electric ones.
- They can run on household LPG cylinders as well as on pipeline natural gas.
- The heating is gradual so a gas water heater is more energy-efficient.
- You (the user) is able to control the rate of heating and the duration.
Cons of Gas Water Heaters
- The operational cost seems to be going up because of increasing gas prices (but everyone knows how often those fluctuate).
- They are pretty bulky and occupy quite a bit of space.
- If this heater is installed in a home with multiple bathrooms, the piping process adds to the installation costs.
- These types of heaters can result in a considerable amount of pollution because carbon monoxide gets released into the air while burning natural gas.
Regular maintenance can help prevent water heater failure and extend the life of your equipment. In addition to repairs and new equipment installation, we provide routine preventative maintenance for water heaters.
Give us a call today at (716) 215-2678 for all your water heater service needs in Buffalo, Tonawanda, Hamburg, and beyond.
Emergency Services Available 24/7 for You
Only the Best & Trusted Techs in Your Home
Focused on Your Satisfaction with Excellent Service
We Stand by Our Work 100%—No Cutting Corners
Involved in Giving Back to Our Community
In-House Continuous Training for Our Techs